Monday, March 05, 2007

Welcome to My Remodeled Blog!

Remember this post? Well, it is finally here! I am so excited to welcome you to my new blog home! This really suits me and I hope you will find that it is a relaxing and peaceful place to be as well!

Thank you, Susie ~ you did a great job honoring my requests and even my style! What a great experience you've made this.

Thank you, Mom ~ for the fun gift! I am giddy with excitement and open my blog often just to look at how pretty and inviting it is!

So, let me tell you more about why I chose what I did. First of all, you can read here and here about why the name Homespun Heart fits me.

I wanted the feel of my blog to be refreshing and relaxing, inviting and peaceful, calming and warm. I chose the photos because I like them, but also because they communicate things I wanted to communicate.

Mason Jar and Candle - does everyone remember how much I love canning jars?! But, I love what this picture says to me - it says welcome and is inviting, it looks peaceful and invites reflection and most of all - it says that there is a friend there who took the time to set it out. I am the friend who has set it out for each of you and I hope you feel welcomed and cared for. More thoughts on this here.

Rocking Chairs - I love this photo too! It looks aged, simple, pure. I wanted this to communicate the feel of sitting in a rocking chair and having a lovely chat between friends. In a peaceful place. Won't you pull up a chair and visit?

Hydrangeas - I admit that I love hydrangeas! They are one wonderful thing I've discovered about gardening in the south! See some of my hydrangeas here, here, and here. This just represents a simple pleasure that I enjoy.

The colors were chosen not only because I liked them but because I felt they would continue my desire of a theme that was warm and yet relaxing.

I wanted to include my photo to enhance the personal connection with each of you and make it seem more like a visit with a friend.

I love the vintage postcard which is a button for you to e-mail me. I've heard from lots of you over the past months and I love getting your e-mails! Thank you so much for keeping in touch!

The Inspiration verse can be changed periodically - but I wanted to start with this verse because I love the picture of God leading us to a peaceful place that is restoring and refreshing. I sincerely hope you will find that kind of place here.

I wanted to make my blog easier to read and more fun to visit - so I hope you will enjoy it! I know I will enjoy my visits with each of you and I'm thankful for your friendships! I desire for this to be a place of mutual encouragement and giving glory to God and I thank you for joining me in the journey! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so *you*!
I love it.
You've given me a serious case of remodeling envy.

Monica Wilkinson said...

Hi Meredith! Thanks for your sweet comment - maybe the next thing you make a profit on from ebay could go toward your blog fund? Although, what makes it is the content and yours is just wonderful the way it is! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Monica -- I'm so pleased to read the "story" behind your blog choices -- it really does "fit" you! :)

I look forward to continuing to enjoy your well-thought out and creative posts -- there is always something to inspire, encourage, and/or motivate me! Plus I love the "window" it provides into your heart!

I love you,
Mom