Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Blessings


Hi, dear friends! I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed time with family and friends! My heart is overflowing with thankfulness and blessings and I just have to spill over a few!

Saturday, Emily and I were invited to a Happy Birthday Jesus party! Collectively, we adopted a family to buy Christmas gifts for and were assigned what to bring based on our last name. I had forgotten until that morning. But, this is how God provides...earlier in the week, I had gone to use a $10 certificate at Penney's and had found some adorable little girl clothes size 4T. With my coupon, they ended up being 0.67 each. Saturday morning when I read the invitation again, I realized we were assigned to bring a clothing gift for a size 4 little girl! Isn't that amazing?! I was so excited at God's great provision! I found some new socks and hair bows in what we already had and it wrapped up to be a cute and fun gift, I hope! I am still smiling at God's faithful provisions not only for us, but also for others through us.

The party was so cute! They acted out the nativity (about 30 kids) and had a cake for Jesus' birthday. This cake was so neat! It was made by my friend, Angie. It had black, red and green layers and each thing about the cake symbolized part of Jesus' birth and life!

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve also! We had our traditional cheese fondue dinner and drove around and looked at Christmas lights - Emily loved it!

Christmas morning was so fun because Emily is actually getting into all the Christmas things this year! We gave her a little kitchen and she LOVED it! It was so fun to watch her enjoying it!

My sweet husband knows that I miss snow (from living in CO) and gave me a box with paper snowflakes and pictures of snow with a certificate for a family trip to the southern mountains to experience the snow as a family! I am SO excited about this! And, even more, I am touched by his creativity and thoughtfulness!

My Mom out-did herself this year! She made me the above card to explain a gift of a new blog design! This is something I've been wanting to do for a while, but I am SO EXCITED to receive this great gift and am busy thinking about how I want this space to look! Yay!

She also gave us a Simpich doll. Now, that probably doesn't mean a whole lot to most of you. But, here is why it is special to me. The Simpich family lives in Colorado Springs and this business started out of their need to create gifts to give their family when they were newlyweds and didn't have a big gift budget! It turned into a thriving business that is well-known in that area. Well, they have been in business for years, allowing people to come into their shop and view the dolls being made, painted, and dressed. I have so many memories of going there to see this and seeing their puppet shows! After 54 years, they have decided to close their shop ~ and my Mom got us one of their special creations to remember being raised in CO and visiting their shop. I was SO touched that I cried! I will treasure this sweet gift for years to come.

I will be sporadic about posting this week as we are planning lots of family time, but just had to share some treasures from my weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I lived in Co (the Springs) my family and I went twice to experince the Simpich Christmas show with other homeschoolers. It was an awesome time.

Thank you for reminding me about that. I am glad that you received a doll that has so much meaning for you.

Also thanks for writing such a heartfelt and meaningful blog. Although I am no longer a stay at home mom with kiddos at home, I love reading and gleaning from your site.

Love from a newer reader, Susan

Amy said...

Oh, I am so excited for you and your new blog design. I am also EXTREMELY impressed with your hubby- how creative! I will have to share that one with my husband!

I am glad to hear that you are having a wonderful holiday season- wishing you & your family a wonderful New Year too!

Angie said...

It sounds like you had a great Christ-mas...so glad. God is amazing as He is always providing for us even when we are clueless at the time.
Glad you liked the cake...I do that for Susan every year...love doing it!
Hope you have a safe and very happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Dear Monica:

How precious to read your reflections on your Christmas! I'm happy to hear that you like the Simpich doll and blog design gifts! Great job to David for his creativity for the snow gift! :)

Happy New Year -- I love you very much! -- Love, Mom