Monday, August 06, 2007

Family Night: Pollyanna


Our plan for Family Night this week was rained out, so we stayed home and had a little "Bazaar" theme to go with the bazaar in Pollyanna!

I asked David to bring these lanterns down from the attic, I had made them a couple of years ago for the 4th of July. They are so easy to make, here are the directions I used.

For dinner, I served:

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Corn on the Cob
Watermelon
Oven Fries

Then, we all got on the couch and watched the movie - halfway through, we stopped for dessert. This was a free cake I had gotten recently, not as high and pretty as the one served in Pollyanna, but we all enjoyed it!

7 comments:

Leah said...

While Gary was out of town, the girls and I had "Popcorn and a Movie" night. We watched Pollyanna!! =)

~ Leah

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to enjoy the movie "Pollyanna" -- now are you going to play the "glad game" all week?? :)

Love to all, Mom/Grammie

Reviekat said...

What a fun family night! Pollyanna is one of my girls' favorite movies.

*carrie* said...

Mo,

So glad you had fun. I was actually going to ask Mom today how she prepares those BBQ sandwiches--Jody gave us the leftover grilled chicken and I thought that would be a good way to fix it.

love you, me

Sonya said...

Yummy! That's all I can say!

Anonymous said...

My Dear,
What a wonderful, creative, and quick idea to come up with since your original plans had to be cancelled. And how is it that you have all this energy with 2 little ones and another on the way?

Thanks for sharing your family night with us!

~Andrea L.

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

what a neat evening. I love visiting your blog because you have such great ideas and I just love looking at the pics of your homedone stuff. Really heartfelt and it makes me feel good!!!!