Monday, July 30, 2007

Family Night

This week for Family Night, we celebrated a birthday for David's brother. We grilled out and I made my much-loved oven fries (recipe follows). For dessert, I made my favorite apple pie and then we played a competetive game of Settlers of Catan!


Oven Fries

Peel and slice one potato per person plus one extra if desired.
Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray ~ lay strips of potato in a single layer and spray tops of potatoes.
Sprinkle both sides with seasoning: 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder and 1/4 tsp. paprika ~ this makes enough for about three potatoes. I make a big batch of this seasoning and just keep it in a spice jar to be used whenever we have these!
Bake for about 30 minutes at 450 flipping potatoes over half way through.

We often just eat these plain, but if you want them to be more restaurant-appetizer-like, add a few strips of crumbled bacon and some shredded cheese. Layer everything together and voila!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love oven fries. I like to sprinkle herbs on mine and put Parmesan cheese on them the last five minutes.

The bacon and cheese option sound delicious too!