Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Gift: Church Nursery & Class Teachers

This year for nursery workers and Sunday School teachers, I decided to come up with something a little different. I decorated this basket and filled it with eight gifts (should be more than enough, but I don't want to run out!). Included are two of these, two of these, two sets of these and two envelope books all that I made.

I also made bookmarks (blue) out of cardstock with a photo of our girls and a thank you note letting them know how much we appreciate their faithful service. I printed out a tag on the computer and it explains that they can each select their own gift and a card from us!

I may decide to adopt this as an annual tradition for them - letting them choose from a small variety of homemade inexpensive gifts.

8 comments:

Susan P. said...

Gifts from the hand and heart are the best kind of gifts to give! I always remembered my children's Sunday School teachers, too! They make such an inportant and lasting contribution to our children.

Mary Ann said...

That's a really sweet idea!

Chrissy said...

So thoughtful! I love giving home-made gifts. People always seem so appreciative of the time and effort that are put in.

Susan P. said...

Monica, this is off topic, sorry. I tried to email you but I didn't see the address on your blog. Wow, that is wonderful about the special offer with Paula Deen!! The only problem is I have never heard of Blue Plate mayo, I guess they don't sell it in Virginia:( Thank you so much for thinking of me, though! You're the best:)
Blessings,
Susan P.
A fellow Paula Deen Lover!!

Wendi said...

What a sweet idea! They will be so excited when they see all of your goodies.

It's a Mom Thing said...

I found your blog by way of Like Merchant Ships and I'm so glad I did. I have enjoyed looking over past posts to see all of the creative items you've made. You're very talented! I plan on stopping by more often.
I really like your idea of a "pick your own gift" basket. My husband is a minister at our church so I definitely wanted to show my appreciation for my daughter's Sunday school teachers. I wasn't quite sure what to do. I ended up baking Blueberry Cake and taking it for them to nibble on during their time in the nursery. But I like this idea as well.
BTW, I saw you are in SC. I'm in the Upstate.

Anonymous said...

Monica, this basket is darling! :)

Love, Mom

Monica Wilkinson said...

Well they all seemed to like it too - so I may make this a tradition!

Welcome, Miriam! :)