Hi! I'm not back officially yet ~ but did want to post an update and several hodge podge things that have been swimming around in my head! I have missed this daily opportunity to connect with old and new friends and look forward to getting back to my regular posting very soon...
* I am still on bed rest for a few more days. God is good and has provided us with lots of encouragement through family and friends and the receiving of calls, letters, visits, meals, and help caring for Emily and the chores! Thank you!!!
* Here's a fun and neat freebie I discovered recently: A free Photo Book from Photo Works. You have to pay the shipping and handling which is $4.49, but this is a great deal because you get to upload your own photos, choose your own book layout and colors and add captions. A great gift idea!
* The winner of the patriotic pillow drawing is Neighbor Jane Payne! Thanks to all who participated, and sorry for the long delay in announcing the winner!
* Did you know that you can donate new and gently worn formal dresses and accessories to disadvantaged students? What a neat idea called Fairy Godmothers Inc!
* In all my reading lately, I came across this idea which I am anxious to try: Freeze dollops of leftover whipped cream on a cookie sheet and use later for dessert topping or as a treat in a cup of coffee or hot cocoa! I never know what to do with that last little bit, so am excited to find this idea which was in the May 2006 issue of Good Housekeeping.
* While my husband was out of town a couple of weekends ago, I reorganized his closet! I got matching hangers and bins and just organized what he already had in there! My commitment was to not get rid of anything or make it seem like I was trying to ~ but just to help and encourage him by making what he has easier to find. One of my favorite things was finding this Wall Graffiti through One Woman's Cottage Life. David is always saying, "Peace, Joy and Love". So, I had this made into the graffiti and put it up in his closet as an encouragement to him. He is thrilled with the results and I was energized by having such a surprise to work on for him!
* What encouragement I have received from several of YOU this week!
Joy chose this blog for her "Blog of the Week" feature! She has been such an encouragment through her blog and this is just another example of how she has encouraged me! Thank you, Joy!
Also, a tremendous encouragment was to find out that I was nominated for two categories (Best Crafts and Projects and Best Frugality) in the Blogs of Beauty Awards! If you have time to visit the list of finalists, please do and vote for these wonderful ladies! I was excited to see so many of the blogs I visit and read regularly nominated for these awards as I know what a blessing they are to me! Thank you so much for your sweet thoughtfulness in nominating this blog (one of you has revealed yourself, but the rest of you are keeping quiet - so I'll just thank you in general!)! I was indeed encouraged by you this week!
* Ok, I think that is it on what I can catch up on right now ~ looking forward to resuming more regular posts very soon!