Friday, June 30, 2006

A Homespun Fourth!

I love the 4th of July and all patriotic holidays. Here are some fun, simple, and inexpensive ideas for decorating and celebrating this year:

* Patriotic Drink Parasols
* Stars & Stripes Fans
* Tin Cans turned Patriotic
* Sign the Declaration of Independence
* Enamelware Dishes
* Homespun Table Linens
* Empty perfume bottles with a small flag
* Star shaped ice cubes (I found an ice cube tray on the Dollar Spot rack at Target last year); you could even tint the water red and blue to create red, white, and blue stars
* Red, White, and Blue decorated star sugar cookies
* Red and Navy bandanas make great napkins or table topper decorations
* I don't know if they have them this year, but one year Tostitos marketed red, white, and blue tortilla chips!
* Make shortcakes in the shapes of stars and top with strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream.

Now, let's have a little fun! E-mail me at thehomespunheart [at] hotmail [dot] com to be entered in a drawing for your choice of one of these patriotic pillows! All entries must be received by noon Eastern Time on Tuesday, July 4th. All names will be entered into a drawing and my husband will draw the winner. Winner will be announced later that day and I will contact you for mailing information.

I'd love to hear your 4th of July ideas as well!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hmm, you already know about my disastrous attempts at making shaped pancakes...

But I'll try to do better this year and come up with *something*

Last year (and this was all Craig's mom's idea, but I put it together with her supplies *grin*) we made one of those fruit pizzas in the shape of a flag with the icing being the white all over the cookie dough, strawberries for the stripes and blueberries for the stars... It was yummy, anyway!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog a week ago and quickly put it in my favorites list. Your pillows are darling...and I love all the good ideas you give.