Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Twilight Beauty Deliveries


The night before we left for a road trip last week, I happened to notice how beautiful the hydrangea blooms were looking! They had hit their groove and were delivering beauty in fluffy balls all over the bushes. As silly as it sounds, I was feeling sad about leaving and not getting to enjoy this beauty which only arrives once a year. Instead of staying low about it, the idea came to share the blooms. In the past, I've offered to let friends come and cut what they want when they leave but as far as I can tell, no one ever has!

I scurried around the kitchen looking for jars I didn't mind passing on and the girls and I headed out into the approaching dusk to cut blooms and more blooms. We left some so that we can enjoy them when we get home but they lose their blue color in the heat so they won't look quite this pretty!

Then the girls and I each took a couple of jars and headed down the driveway and our deliveries began! We left jars of flowers on neighbors porches for them to find - I hope they enjoyed them!

Rachel had been sad to miss May Day delivery so this was our later in May flower delivery! How have you taken something that could get you down and turn it into something positive and giving?

6 comments:

Angela said...

The hydrangeas are beautiful. What a wonderful idea to share them!

Wendi said...

I would be delighted to open the door and find flowers! I'm sure you put a smile on the faces of your neighbors.

Mary Ann said...

^^^What Wendi said.

You are a good neighbor! The flowers are beautiful. I plated two hydrangeas last year and can't wait until they are filled with blooms.

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

gorgeous idea!!!! Blessing Bandits...eh? :)

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Love this. I literally just cut and put some in a blue jar this morning and put on my kitchen window. Great idea.

Jackie said...

Monica, this does not surprise me in the least. Your heart is always filled to the brim with love for Christ and loving as He does. Your surprise gifts might just be what the person needed that very moment. Either, I am sure they delighted every receiver. You definitely have the gift of love. Continue to let Him shine through you friend.