Thursday, January 11, 2018

January Goals



In addition to my word for the year, one day I made a list of things I hoped to accomplish in January. Typically I don't really do monthly goals - but this year it is just sort of working out that way and I see wisdom in it for setting reachable goals during a specific period of time.

Not listed are regular things like homeschool, manage home, meal plan and read books! These goals are sort of my over and above ideas that should contribute benefits to our home and family.

My January goals are:
- have pizza and sparkling grape juice for New Year's Eve; talk about 2017 and what we hope for 2018; play games together as a family
- clean out closets in girls room to allow each to have her own, rearrange bookshelves in both their room and laundry room to accommodate each girl having her own bookshelf and opening up space in their room; make fabric curtains for their shelves to hide clutter
-  institute Friday night dates
- resume logging my meals on My Fitness Pal, health journal, vitamins and walking
- try a batch salad every week for the month
- purge Christmas bins
- try one new Crock Pot recipe
- have tea time at least once and make gingerbread whoopie pies from the December Magnolia Journal while discussing the theme wonder
- host a mom's night and plan a movie night with a friend
- follow up on an idea to do something for someone God places on my heart

What are your goals for this month?

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

This month, I'm doing a pantry challenge to clean out the freezer and pantry of extra random stuff--saving money, avoiding waste and being able to defrost my freezer at the end of the month!

My other goal is decluttering the house. This will be year long in different ways, I'm sure. I am planning a yard sale in early spring (March or April depending on weather.)So January to March, I'm slowly going through an area at a time, finding things we no longer need.

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Good goals. To be honest, I am in a struggling moment. I am planning to just keep basics a priority, and like Dori from Nemo... "Just Keep Swimmimg."

angie said...

The idea to create monthly goals resonates with me. Year long goals just seem impossible. So much changes dependent on the season of year. But writing down some intentional plans for four weeks seems doable. I like how specific you were able to be with many of the goals. In so many cases, you can check something off because it is a one time goal. That works well with my personality.
We were away through 1/9, so I think I will try this for Feb.
Happy new year!

Leanne said...

Your goals have been my favorite so far to read!
My major goal is to GET MOVED INTO OUR NEW HOUSE by 2/1!!
and sometimes you have to make unexpected goals, like "get over the Influenza type B"...which is what I've been doing all week!!
I can't wait to have a real kitchen again and BAKE!!