Friday, December 07, 2018

Sister Swap


My sister, Carrie, and I have had fun hosting a Christmas Cozy swap recently! My boxes are waiting at home for me to open them - that will be so fun when we get back from Colorado!

Meanwhile, the friend I was paired with also has two daughters so we did a sisters to sisters swap and a mom to mom swap! So fun!

I wrapped everything and realized I didn't get a bunch of good photos - but here are a few pictures.

For the daughters - the girls and I made a 12 days of Christmas Advent wreath with activities for the sisters to enjoy together.





You can see the activities we included above - and then wrapped and numbered the supplies for each of these activities in cute little Christmas bags!


I hope they have so much fun doing these holiday activities together as sisters!

Now, for my mom box!


I recently found a stack of these handwriting boards at a thrift store and knew I wanted to make some sort of Christmas sign out of it. This is fun because she can change the words on the hoop  just by unpinning the tag and adding a new one.


Other items included fun socks, a devotional book, magazine, stack of cute homemade cloth napkins, dishcloth, mug {not pictured - already wrapped!} and some other little goodies.

Thanks to all the gals who joined our swap, made a new friend and brought cozy to their lives this Christmas season! We invite those who participated to leave a comment with a link to their blog post, Instagram photo or other post about their swap!

5 comments:

Kimberly Lottman said...

Darn! I missed it! Did you post about it on Instagram, or did I just miss it on your blog? Maybe next year! :)

Monica Wilkinson said...

@Kimberly: good morning! I did post it on my blog and Instagram, so sorry the info did not make it to you in time! Hope you can join us some other time in the future and Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

I posted a picture of my swap box on instagram (@angiechadwell), but I don't know how to link to it or shar...e a photo. So, I'll share my thoughts here...I swapped with Daphne from OH. She and I are kindred spirits, for sure! In case you can't make out all of the MANY items that she included in my box, I'll provide a list below:
Milano cookies- currently hiding these from my daughter!
Tazo chai pumpkin spice tea- with so many words in the name of the tea, it has to be splendid!
Hot cinnamon sunset tea- in a lovely orange tin that I plan to use for planting a succulent after I'm finished with the tea
Christmas tea (loose) that makes the entire shoebox smell so good!
2 single packages of Walker shortbread cookies-not in the photo, rather in my belly!!
enamelware mug that says "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"
purse pack of tissues with candy designs
plaid washi tape- same as Milano cookies
plaid coasters- will use these on my kitchen table with plaid scarf table runner
wooden spoons with red stripe for hot cocoa, etc
wreath notebook- this meets all my weird requirements for a notebook: spiral bound, wide ruled, pocket on cover, durable cover, and even an elastic band closure. I always have a notebook with me; it's something I'm known for by my friends.
6 jumbo gold paper clips- oh the possibilities!
snowman gift tags- love to dress a gift. Many of the paper supplies in the box are from a brand called Brother & Sister. I was not familiar with it, but it is my new favorite!
polka dotted cupcake liners
gold envelope seals
snowflake garland
red & white sugar for cookie decorating
red & green plaid kitchen towels- sooo pretty! I may use them as guest bathroom towels
also, the tissue paper and wrapping papers that Daphne used throughout the box were so unique that I saved them to re-use.

Monica Wilkinson said...

@angie: what a great box of goodies! I was wondering if the mug was enamel or ceramic! I love enamelware!!!!! Hope you enjoy your sweet goodies and so glad you joined us for the fun cozy swap! Thanks for sharing your post and details here!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I posted pics of the items I rec'd on my blog. I love participating in your shoebox swaps! Thank you and Carrie for doing this.
https://debbiedee.blogspot.com/2018/12/cozy-sister-shoebox-swap.html