Friday, October 19, 2018

Stormy





























Nearly all our activities were canceled last Thursday for the anticipated arrival of Tropical Storm Michael. David had different hours so we enjoyed a leisurely morning at home. Our power wasn't out, but it seemed cozy to light a candle and use my book light. I love low light!!!

Later on the sun came out and all we really had was a bunch of leaves, limbs, sticks and nuts in the yard that had fallen from trees. Rachel and Samuel collected dozens and dozens of acorns and hickory nuts and played with them. I collected leaves, berries, flowers, acorns, etc. to decorate with.

Dinner and tea on the porch with a friend was a lovely treat too and then writing group after that! Home is my favorite place!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Cozy photos :)

I'm thankful you didn't have any damage (other than yard clean up) from the storm! And it looks like you put even the yard debris to good use. :) Do you use the hickory nuts?