Friday, August 10, 2018
It's that time again to look at my monthly goals and see how I did!
Here were my July goals:
- spend as much time at home as possible :) yes!
- go camping together as a family: as you've seen in our many photos, this was a lovely success!
- start a prayer group online for two things: what is next for my book and future writing and to be able to pray for those who respond: Heart of Slow prayer group is a sweet place and I'm grateful for each friend there!
- continue working on refinishing our dining room table and chairs; currently three chairs are stripped of their previous finish - so I have three to go plus the table and then to finish with new stain and/or seal: DONE!
- organize closets and drawers a little bit each day; I love to start school with things in order!: haven't done a whole lot with this but have done some tidying and taken a few things to the thrift store. Trying to just deal with things when I come across them so I'm not overwhelmed later!
- start our homeschool year: I realized this summer that 2018 marks the halfway point for our homeschooling journey! I'm not sure whether to rejoice or be frightened in that fact - ha! But either way, I'm grateful for God's faithfulness and especially relying on Him as we enter these middle and high school years.
- go apple picking
- finish reading one last book for Emily's readers this year
- paint our piano bench
- care for potted plants on porch and plant them in the yard if they start to look droopy
- basically just maintain the order we have right now and get back into the school year routine
- log my meals and vitamins in my health journal - I've gotten off track
Tell me about your goals for this month!