Friday, May 18, 2018

Open Tabs

On Christian Hospitality: this quote is my favorite, "Entertainment is about impressing people and keeping them at arm’s length. Hospitality is about opening up your heart and your home, just as you are, and being willing to invite Jesus into the conversation, not to stop the conversation but to deepen it."

But this also stepped on my toes a little bit because it is something God has been nudging my heart in. How many neighbors on my own street do I really know or better yet, care to know?

I am hindered by fear, yes, by not knowing what to say or how to interact with those I might not have as much in common with. But I'm also afraid of messing up - this is a big deal, an eternity is at stake for each person I encounter. Yet, isn't that what our enemy wants? To paralyze me with fear of messing up so I will do nothing. What if my family isn't on board?

Obviously there is a lot of processing in my heart and mind about this - everything from how, where, when, who, etc. all the logistics! My heart is open and this nudge has been persisting - so I want to press in to that and listen and obey!

Via Deeply Rooted Mag on Instagram: “Humility is perfect quietness of heart. It is to expect nothing, to wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing done against me. It is to be at rest when nobody praises me, and when I am blamed or despised. It is to have a blessed home in the Lord, where I can go in and shut the door, and kneel to my Father in secret, and am at peace as in a deep sea of calmness, when all around and above is trouble.”
.
― Andrew Murray


Free printable from Erin Loechner via Sally Clarkson

For beautiful table setting lovers, like me, I love this hashtag: #thecloisteredtable 

Michael Buble: Home

Beautiful Instagram square from Hannah Queen

Sometimes I just love looking at my Slow inspiration pin board for a visual gift of slow!

What is inspiring you these days?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Monica,

I am a silent reader. I wanted to respond because I could feel you burdened and the tension coming off the page about what you would do or say and eternity being at stake for every encounter.

If I may, just be yourself. Just be a friend and try making friends the way you usually do. The Lord will do the rest. You need not be so burdened about this. Just be yourself. The Lord will use you in ways you have no idea.

May God bless you.

A