Thursday, January 11, 2018
In addition to my word for the year, one day I made a list of things I hoped to accomplish in January. Typically I don't really do monthly goals - but this year it is just sort of working out that way and I see wisdom in it for setting reachable goals during a specific period of time.
Not listed are regular things like homeschool, manage home, meal plan and read books! These goals are sort of my over and above ideas that should contribute benefits to our home and family.
My January goals are:
- have pizza and sparkling grape juice for New Year's Eve; talk about 2017 and what we hope for 2018; play games together as a family
- clean out closets in girls room to allow each to have her own, rearrange bookshelves in both their room and laundry room to accommodate each girl having her own bookshelf and opening up space in their room; make fabric curtains for their shelves to hide clutter
- institute Friday night dates
- resume logging my meals on My Fitness Pal, health journal, vitamins and walking
- try a batch salad every week for the month
- purge Christmas bins
- try one new Crock Pot recipe
- have tea time at least once and make gingerbread whoopie pies from the December Magnolia Journal while discussing the theme wonder
- host a mom's night and plan a movie night with a friend
- follow up on an idea to do something for someone God places on my heart
What are your goals for this month?