Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Cozy Sunday Evening


A cozy Sunday evening with breakfast for dinner, candlelight and Ann's Writing with Grace class. Over the weekend, I chatted with a couple of friends about our love for low light! I listed a number of reasons I love low light - it is peaceful, calming, soothing, smooths the moods and the clutter and just brings things down a notch! I don't like big overhead lights at all! Give me all the soft lamplight, tiny candlelights and twinkle lights!


Do you ever just feel like you walk through your home and sometimes your eyes are just open to what a gift it is? It just looks more beautiful in this moment than it did the moment before? Or perhaps we are just more prepared to appreciate its beauty in this new moment ... either way, a gift! Since the time change, I'm loving all the moody lights in the evening with it getting dark earlier!

The light also shifts this time of year and shines in our living room in a dreamy way in the mornings that I just love. 



This afternoon while I talked to my Mom on the phone, Rachel watched drawing videos and drew all kinds of sweet cute things including this little hedgie!


Pondering what God has for me this week and how I can bring cozy, slow and comforting into this new week ahead. I'm looking forward to an emptier calendar this week! What are you looking forward to this week?

3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Cozy.
I love this time year...
As you said, our homes take on a whole new beauty during these days when darkness comes early.
I am looking forward to quiet days with schooling and Christmas music and candles.
Have a lovely day. : )

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

I love low lights too.

Pam said...

I love your table centerpiece~ it is so beautiful and such a creative way to use the vintage thermoses! I love low light as well,