Friday, April 14, 2017

Slowing Spring: Day 8



Scripture:
* 2 Timothy 4:2, "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction."
- How will you uphold the truth of God's Word in your home today?
- Ask God to use His Word in your own life in these ways: to correct, rebuke and encourage and with patience and instruction. Follow His example.

* 1 Peter 3:3-4, "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."
- Even as you are reading these words, you are investing in your inward beauty. Think of the words gentle and quiet. Do they describe you? How can you cultivate this inner beauty that does not fade?

* Psalm 27:4, "One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple."
- I have written several "d" words in my Bible throughout this verse:
Direction: The author of this Psalm asks for one thing, is that one thing the focus of my heart and life? The guiding direction that leads my decisions?
Dependence: We are reminded to ask of the Lord - how am I depending on Him today?
Diligence: What am I seeking? Am I giving up easily?
Dwelling Place: Where will I spend my eternity? What does it mean to dwell in the house of the Lord forever?
Delight: Even now as you ponder this verse - fix your mind upon the beauty of God and seeking Him. How can/does that delight your heart?  


 

Serving Gracefully:
What is one thing you've been putting off in your home? How can you make progress on it today?

Slow:
Go to bed early and quietly thank God for anything that He brings to mind.





Cultivate Beauty:
Put flowers on your table for the Easter weekend! Gather from your yard or select a few from the store.

Printable for today here.

Thanks for joining the fun - Happy Easter!

No comments: