Thursday, April 06, 2017
Slowing Spring: Day 3
* Isaiah 35:1-4a, "The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy. The glory of Lebanon will be given to it, the splendor of Carmel and Sharon; they will see the glory of the Lord, the splendor of our God. Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, 'Be strong, do not fear; your God will come...'"
- Picture a desert and parched land being filled with blooms. What does that tell us about God?
- As we begin Spring, how are you feeling dry and parched? How are you feeble and unsteady? How are you fearful? Read that last line to yourself and carry it with you today - be strong, do not fear; your God will come.
* Matthew 6:25-27, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
- What are you worried about right now? Spend a few minutes just thinking about all of the ways God cares for the simplest and tiniest bird. Now, make a list of all the ways God cares for you!
Deliver breakfast in bed today!
Go for a walk and look for signs of Spring!
Light a candle and sip tea while sitting outside quietly - maybe even at sunset or after dark!
Printable for today here.