Monday, April 03, 2017

Slowing Spring: Day 1



Good morning! Welcome to Day One of Slowing Spring! I've included some ideas for your day and if you prefer, you can scroll to the end of this post and print this out to have with you during your day! If you participate, leave a comment, link a post or use the hashtag #slowingspring.

I started a week ahead of my posts here so that I could share photos and thoughts as we go along! Our first day landed on a very hard day for me so this was perfect timing to do a little beauty seeking and slowing down! 



Scripture for today:
 * Isaiah 61:11, "For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign Lord will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations."

- What is your favorite thing about gardening or watching things grow?
- Think of what happens when shoots spring up - it is so inspiring, exciting and thrilling to see things springing up! Imagine righteousness and praise springing up in your daily life - make a list of ways it might show up!





* Isaiah 45:8, "You heavens above, rain down righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness grow with it; I, the Lord, have created it."
- As you read this verse, describe a visual mental picture that you think of. Draw a picture of what you described.


 



Serve Gracefully:
What chore or organizing task needs to be done today to bless your family and home? Try to do it quietly - without fanfare - without looking for approval and do your work unto the Lord.





Slow:
Sit on your porch, a nearby bench or even close to a window for fifteen minutes and watch and listen to Creation around you.





Cultivate Beauty:
- Consider at least one thing that brought beauty to your day today? Did you notice anything beautiful that made you smile?
- What are you thankful for today?
- Is there anything in your yard you can use to beautify your table at dinner tonight? Don't forget to overlook the beauty of plain branches or blooms that have wintered over and are brown.






If you prefer to print this out to follow along with your day, you can do so by clicking here.

4 comments:

Shelby said...

I enjoyed this post and I am reading your book right now:) Thanks Monica

angie said...

I'm preparing to leave on a trip, which leads me to feel rushed and short tempered. Always so much to do and a to do list that gets more populated the more that I cross off!
Needless to say, your study comes at a perfect time.
Be still, I hear.
God will redeem the time, I know.
Obey, I say to myself.
For now, I've printed your text and prompts. Thank you for putting it into a visually appealing format.

Karen said...

Love this! I lead a group of women and I think this will be fantastic to do with them! Thank you!

Rhonda said...

I love this idea of Slowing Spring and am looking forward to following you day. I find your blog to be such an inspiration!