Friday, April 21, 2017

Nature Beauty





















Frequently I just have this craving to get out in the woods. This little picnic area is just a short walk from my house and while not in the "woods" it is pretty and quiet and surrounded with trees!

When I am overly tired and weary from the pace of life, time in nature is so restorative and calming. Recently I was reading in Psalm and came across these verses:

Psalm 96:11-13, "Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; let the sea roar, and all that fills it; let the field exult, and everything in it! Then shall all the trees of the forest sing for joy before the Lord, for he comes, for he comes to judge the earth."

I've read these verses before, but this time it struck me that perhaps one of the reasons that it is so refreshing to be out in nature is that God's creation is always praising Him! When I am outside, I am in the midst of a worship session always - nature can't choose not to praise, it just does praise and worship by its existence and by proclaiming with its existence that God is good.

My Pinterest board on Forest beauty!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Love this! And the forest photos on your Pinterest board - awesome! I can almost smell the woodsy scent! :)

Charlotte Park Creative said...

Love this! Nature is worshipping the Creator. What a place for refreshment. Have a great weekend.