Thursday, February 23, 2017

Open Tabs


* Purging update: not only did we get rid of 1000 things - our total ended up way over that! Such a good feeling! I did not finish every cabinet or drawer, but we did tackle some big projects together as a family such as cleaning out our shed, taking care of a bunch of shredding and some electronics that were no longer working.

* Just finished reading The Magnolia Story and now reading The Innkeeper of Ivy Hill.

* Did you know Miss Mustard Seed has a coloring book called Barn Quilts? Swoon! And speaking of MMS, this makes me want to cross stitch on linen grain sacks!!!

* We had this Indonesian Ginger Chicken at a friends during our hurricane evacuation and it has earned a place in our meal rotation! I don't cook the marinade but just mix and pour. Chicken Thighs make this simple and fairly inexpensive to make. Serve with rice and steamed broccoli. Easy!

* You can download a free 7-day devotional from Wycliffe Bible Translators on the Search for Significance.

* Listening to: Josh Garrels The Light Came Down

* Watching: Lark Rise to Candleford {included on Amazon Prime!}

* Still walking one mile as many days as possible, I had my first spell of missing days due to sickness last week, but grateful for the miles I've walked. I love charts so made myself a little walking chart so I could mark off each day and this is helping to motivate me!

* Loved this article from Ruth @ Gracelaced: There's Room for You, and then follow up with Creating in a Comparing World.

4 comments:

angie said...

This open tabs post was unique in that you chronicled what you are currently doing, reading, contemplating, finishing, cooking, maintaining, etc. I'm interested to know how you were able to purge 1000 items. I made a chart for myself and started to declutter but got discouraged when I was recording about 3 items per room or closet. Maybe it is too soon after drastically minimizing my household. Or perhaps I've put on blinders to what I really don't need!
Is Lark Rise free with Prime?
Keep up the good work with walking. It is the perfect exercise, sorta like a banana is the perfect snack. :)

joeandkris513 said...

Larkrise to Candleford was a favorite of mine. It was my one weakness for many weeks. :) And my girls loved it too! It just didn't have enough seasons.

Monica Wilkinson said...

@joeandkris513 - hahaha! Your one weakness!!! Perfect quote for this post :)

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

I love Larkrise to Candleford. Love it.