Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Remembering


While we were evacuated, my parents called to let me know that my Grandma {Dad's mom} had gone to be with Jesus. For various reasons it did not work out for us to go but I took an afternoon in the woods to sit and think about all the things that came to mind when I thought of her and wanted to rejoice in the memory of:


Cooking bacon for breakfast and coffee!!
Two twin beds that Grandpa had made for her. Her bed always seemed HUGE to me!!!
Flowers on her patio
Moving a lot
Liked music, liked to dance
Vibrating slippers and back massage {an E/R/S memory}
Loved ice cream!
Buster
Wearing a robe
Using her fingers to brush her hair back
Loved to laugh
Talked to herself as "Mary"
Cherry Blossoms
Angel picture over her bed
Crafty
Worshiped the memory of her husband Joe
Lit up around Dad
Sassy
Kept her friends for a long time
Willing to go with the flow
So proud of her family
Looked good in pink
Liked country music
Gave good hugs
Touch lamps
Glasses with "M" on them
Making peanut brittle and persimmon bread
Black walnuts
Liked handsome men
Had some spice!
Called my Dad: Danny Joe


We will miss her, but I think I will always remember my Dad's sweet words that we were there for her in life. I have also been comforted to think of how she is reunited with her husband who passed away many years ago, her brother who died as a child, her parents and so many other loved ones. All this still pales in comparison with the fact that she is in the presence of Jesus. She is healed and whole and perfectly happy.

Hope is a gift. And I can't let this opportunity go by without sharing how you can have this gift of hope too if you don't already.



I want you to know that God created you with a special and unique purpose in His kingdom. He created you for His glory. First, you must understand that God loves you so much. He loves you enough that He sent His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, to earth to die and pay the price our sin requires. 

What is sin? Sin is anything we think, say, or do that does not please God. And oh, my friend, every single one of us has things in our lives that fall into that category. The first step in receiving this free gift is to admit that you have sinned. Just confess that in your heart right now to Him. Nothing is too big or ugly to confess. He already knows and, remember, He loves you so much.

Now you must take that always hard first step of faith. Believe that Jesus died for your sins. Believe that He loves you. Believe that when you ask for forgiveness, you have received it. 

If you would like to receive Jesus and His precious gift into your heart, you can pray something like this prayer:

Dear Jesus, I admit I am a sinner and I have done things that do not please You. I ask for Your forgiveness and believe that You sent Your Son Jesus to die in my place. I want to live forever in heaven with You. Please come into my heart and find a welcoming place here at home in me. Thank You, God, for hearing my prayer and loving me enough to save me. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Please begin to unwrap this free gift of eternal life with our heavenly Father by talking to someone you trust who knows God. Ask God for understanding when you read His Word, and ask for wisdom and guidance in any changes you need to make in your life. 

If you aren’t sure what to do next, visit www.peacewithgod.net  or ask a trusted friend. Souls are the only thing we can take with us for eternity, where we will experience the ultimate hope and beauty in Christ. Oh friend, how I hope you will be there with me.