Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Deeply Rooted Retreat


Months ago, a friend and I signed up for the Deeply Rooted retreat. It happened to fall at the end of our evacuation and I'm so grateful that it worked out for me to go which looked a bit iffy during all the upheaval.

I'm not sure where to start at what a wonderful time this was. And I am so grateful for the opportunity to attend and be part of such a special time.

First of all, have you heard of Deeply Rooted magazine?! Here is a great overview of the mission and purpose. I love the tagline: Glorifying God in Womanhood.

I also love how it is divided into sections that really define who we are as women: Christ-Follower, Creator, Helpmate, Keeper of the Home, Mother, Individual.

The magazine is beautifully done. I have a thing about things being well done and with excellence as believers. I think our work should be high quality and even better than secular work because we represent the King of Heaven!


Anyway, the lovely team at Deeply Rooted put together their first retreat this Fall! It was so Christ honoring and Gospel-centered. In a culture where we are hearing a watered down version of the Gospel from every direction, there was some serious truth-telling going on and in all the right ways. It was just so so good.


Beautiful woodsy location, crisp air and great weather, beautifully planned attention to details and done with excellence all around. It was a joy and delight to meet up with other women who know and love God and are serving Him in their own day-to-day lives. Really, our one focus was Jesus the whole weekend. What a gift.





I have loads more photos to share and am going to pull out my notes to share some of my favorite takeaways. Exciting!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So blessed to be able to go when you did. Right at a time when everything seemed to be crazy. Perfect!:) I can't wait to hear what you have to share! :)

Ginger said...

I'm so sorry about your Grandmother, Monica.

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

So excited to hear and see about the rest of your retreat.

eanderso said...

Hooray! Fun to see some pix from your retreat.

Also enjoyed your post about Gma Mc.
Carrie