Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Slowing Summer: Breakfast Outside



Its become a tradition to do a scavenger hunt breakfast when we come to Colorado in the summer! I remember doing this as a Girl Scout years ago - my Mom hid bags of cereal, juice boxes, bags of grapes and fun little bags of powdered sugar donuts!



A couple of weeks later, we decided to fix and serve breakfast outside one Saturday morning - so lovely! Grammie's Chuck Wagon was a great success! I love the simplicity of a thrifted sheet table cloth, a few daisies and sprigs of fresh cherries up the beauty factor!

I have a set of free printables to share with you as soon as my book is out and the napkin rings and Slow Down garland down the middle are part of that!

After breakfast, we had fun picking cherries for a Father's Day pie!


























5 comments:

Shelby said...

Love the pictures and memories your children will have at their grandparents.xoxoxo

Tina Leigh said...

I love the chalk paint pictures. Cute! Cherries in South Ga are just now becoming affordable. $2.49 lb on sale at Harveys. Looking forward to the book! How blessed y'all are to be able to escape this heat! Monica, it became hot here earlier than usual & it seems as though we are going to have a long humid Summer here in the South.

Mom said...

Fun memories! :)

Unknown said...

I love how you do pretty tjings even if its just for your family. Thats been an inspiration for me. They are the most important people in your life. Why not?:)

Stephanie in SC said...

These are the things you never forget!