Friday, April 29, 2016

Truth Telling 33: He gives me rest.


Genesis 2:2-3, "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done."

Exodus 20:11, "For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."

Psalm 23:2-3, "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake."

Psalm 62:1, "Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him."

Psalm 91:1, "Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty."

Matthew 11:28, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give your rest."

Mark 6:31, "Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, 'Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.'"

 Tell yourself this truth today: God models rest and provides rest for me.

No comments: