Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Blessing Tree


It's been a few years now since I saw this idea and loved it! I haven't been able to justify the expense of buying the little wood slices and haven't had a way to make my own so just sort of shelved the idea for later use.

Enter Target Dollar Spot this Fall: 6 little wood slices in a bag for $1. Now we're talking! I bought all they had and stashed them away waiting for November 1st! One morning last week during school, we read our spelling story and it was a great reminder to not grumble but be thankful. Immediately, I pulled out these little wood slices and sent my students outside to find some limbs!

We had so much fun adding several ornaments each and are eager to keep adding to it over the coming days leading up to Thanksgiving! I didn't even clean up before taking these photos - this is real life!!!









Do you have any fun Thanksgiving traditions? Or ways of reminding/teaching your children to be thankful?

2 comments:

Shelby said...

I was just thinking yesterday that I wanted to make a Thankful Tree. I love it, what a wonderful reminder of how thankful we are for just the simple things in life.

Blissful & Domestic said...

Oh this is too fun!!!