Friday, October 16, 2015
Girls Room Update
For a while I've been wanting to do a little update in the girls room. It was cute but kind of little girl and they are getting older and just needing a little freshening up. I set a $100 limit and had a Pinspiration board. What I ended up with isn't exactly what I had in mind when I started, but with a limited budget I sort of went with what we had and what I found for a good deal!
You can see the girls room before here.
Here is what I spent:
Bed skirt $2.24 Goodwill
Sheets for curtains $4.48 Goodwill
E's quilt $40 Wal-Mart
Fabric for R's quilt $20 Wal-Mart
Curtain Rod & Hardware - Lowe's $16
Paint and Roller: $10.50
We painted the dressers with paint we already had on hand. I bought a new quilt for Emily and sewed fabric over the top of Rachel's quilt to refresh it. I don't completely think these two fabric choices go together - but each one is so appropriate for that girl and they both love them so it's a win!
I have a chandelier that I still want to paint and hang - it was free and I hope to use up some spray paint I have so it shouldn't cost anything!
The curtains are my favorite thing - they made such an immediate difference and really made the room look more polished. Cutting/hemming two sheets was really quick and easy also!