A project bug bit me last Saturday and I was antsy to get going on making this one happen! I've been wanting to paint this top half of the wall above the bead board with chalkboard paint and I l.o.v.e. how it turned out!!!
I swapped out towels with what we already had, made the canning jar soap dispenser from things on hand and used paint from my cabinet. The only things I bought were the art prints above the hand towel from The Meek Boutique on etsy.
I didn't really take before photos except for this one:
You can see a little more before in this Spring Cleaning post from days gone by. I wish I still Spring Cleaned, now I am lacking energy, motivation and time! My children keep this bathroom in terrible condition so I invested this time and energy to fix it up a bit in hopes that it would help them keep it nicer. So far, it is helping - but no matter what I love the update!
Total time: about 3-4 hours
- towel hooks are from Hobby Lobby clearance
- bird cage is from Pier One years ago - I painted it a while back
- art over towel bar was painted by a family member
- wooden heart on towel is from a craft fair
- star towel holder from my sister
- fabric and thread garland was made to wrap a gift years ago and when I received it back I tied it up there and it has stayed that way!
- enamelware toothbrush cup was a gift from my Grandma
- handtowel was a gift from sweet CC friends
- clock and shower curtain from Target in years past