Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Slow: Luke 24:25
After studying this passage, one of our pastors mentioned that slow used in this way means dumb. Sometimes slow is negative.
* Jesus reprimanded two of His disciples for their foolishness and slowness of heart in believing.
* They had known Jesus personally in the flesh and learned from Him yet still had trouble understanding and receiving at face value what He said.
* In what ways am I slow of heart and foolish?
- listening to doubts instead of truth
- letting discouragement bring me down
- letting my mind wander instead of focus on Jesus
* Jesus' solution was to go back to the beginning and explain just like we often do with our children.
* Then Jesus stayed with them and enjoyed a meal and their eyes were opened: for me this could be still spending Quality Time with Him seeking time in His presence to have my perspective renewed and refocused.