Thursday, December 18, 2014

He Shall Be Called Hoop Art


Another fun little project - this is simply a few fabric scraps, a thrifted embroidery hoop and some stamped letters. I found the old key in my Mom's sewing box and she graciously shared!

If you want to make your own - here is roughly what I did: Wrap outer hoop with desired fabric. Hold end in place {ha! I did not want to bother getting out the hot glue!} and then press over inner hoop with a basic neutral fabric. I ended up taking it off and adding the fabric strips for some added flair.

So if you were to do this, I'd suggest having your neutral and strips laid out before you wrap the outer hoop :) I stamped the words on using these alphabet stamps and this ink. You could seal the ink but I did not.

I stitched the key on and added a few ties of fabric to the screw at the top. A quick flourish of twine and a little bunting from a clearance rack finished it off.

Simple. Beautiful. Meaningful.