Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Enjoying the Season


A couple of weekends ago, I woke to under 70 degree weather which in the South means pull out a light quilt and enjoy a cup of hot tea before it's over! We have to enjoy these little pockets of cooler while we get them and I am happy to oblige.

I admit that just feeling that cooler air outside wakes me up and puts a smile on my face! We have a temperature all our own in this house and it is called heavenly, when we open the door and it is cooler - we proclaim it heavenly outside. Rachel even came up with a category for this in her weather calendar last year for school!!

I've had so much more fun crafting and taking photos lately and I think it is honestly because of how much I enjoy this season and the cooling off, drawing in, cozying up. These days I feel more alive and am making the most of each day more than I do in the heat of the year.


I'm back to taking photos of layers - I love wearing layers!!!! I love that it was recently the right temp to wear layers and still be a comfy temp :)





Is imitation still the sincerest form of flattery? I love this blog and these little happy flags she sells and shows are just adorable! I made a bunch of them one morning before we started school :)


I love how comfortable this girl is in her own skin and style - she puts some interesting combos together but she pulls it off and makes it work. 



Snuggling up under a cute umbrella to cheer on our little soccer player!


Happy Saturday and Fall cake! Leftovers from cupcakes I made - for no real reason, but just for fun. Pumpkin Chocolate Cake recipe here.



When a sweet friend offered us a can of cherry pie filling they weren't going to use, Rachel jumped {almost literally} at the offer! She immediately wanted to know if we could make cherry pie. In the end, SHE made this cherry pie!

I had a pie crust in the freezer and instructed her to unroll it and lay it in her desired pie plate. I opened the can of cherry filling and she scooped that in. Then she decided to fold over the crust sort of like a rustic pie but she's never heard of that so it was her sweet idea! We had some crumb topping leftover in the freezer so she sprinkled some of that on top and served with vanilla ice cream. Yum.


For a perfectly cozy and hearty Fall meal - I pulled PW Sunday Night Stew out of the freezer and made mashed potatoes {not by her recipe, just simple mashed potatoes} Oh.my.yum. This is a definite keeper - we loved it!

Settle in for lots of Fall pix because that will likely continue for a while in this space :)