Monday, September 22, 2014

Chasing Fall

One weekend while nursing a sore throat but feeling ok otherwise - I decided to declare it Fall! We won't even discuss how warm it was here - ahem. But, I had fun doing so many favorite Fall things!



 Wear something layered! Both of these tops are thrifted and I've always loved how FPFG layers gingham and tshirts! She says, "Gingham is a neutral!" I love that.


Wake up and snuggle under a homemade quilt!


Light a Fall candle!






Make something yummy! I tried a new Pinterest recipe: Old Fashioned Sour Cream Donuts.



Eat outside! Donuts and Cider - yes please!


Deliver some Fall happiness to a friend! Side note - I absolutely love noticing things on a friends Pin board and then trying it when they are at my house or sharing some of something I know they wanted to try! 



Cheer for your favorite soccer player :)



Make something apple or pumpkin! I made Apple Cheddar Bacon Pizza!



Make a craft! More photos and a tutorial tomorrow!


Quilt!


Watch some Anne! The three of us girls have been working through both Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea these past two weeks! We finished :)

If you want to see past Autumn in Avonlea fun here are the links: An Evening in Avonlea, Autumn in Avonlea 1, Autumn in Avonlea 2, Avonlea for Little Ladies and My Kindred Spirits.


Go on a beauty hunt outside! This first Goldenrod of the season isn't really very yellow yet - but I could not resist this side-of-the-road beauty!


A fun little Fall treat from our {about an hour away but a lot closer than ever!} brand new 
Hobby Lobby - hooray!


The first colored leaf I've seen this season!

Happy Fall, friends - savor, enjoy, s-l-o-w!