Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Review: Zondervan Let's Go Explore books
I was recently invited to be part of the Zondervan review bloggers and while I choose reviews very selectively - I sometimes love to learn about new things that my family might enjoy and perhaps yours as well! Zondervan provided me with complimentary copies of these books to review them here.
I'm quick to sign up for books that are educational and fun and that could be a blessing in our homeschool. Such is the case with the four books I'm sharing today.
Let's Go Explore is a set of four books from Zondervan. Galilee, Israel, Jerusalem and Egypt.
Here are some things I love about these books:
* they are small but packed with info, slim profile makes them easy to store
* they are very colorful and with lots of pictures, maps, etc. they are interesting and engaging
* they hit Biblical places; not only are we learning about the Biblical world that was but about the modern day culture that still continues in these places in our world
* they are historical, yes - but as mentioned above - they continue into today
* it is a great way to expose my children to other cultures as they discuss food in different countries, and life there
* there are lots of interesting tidbits and trivia
* it is written in a way that is friendly to children and relates to them
Here are a samples:
I always love learning about things that can help the Bible come to life more! Grateful for the opportunity to try these books out!