Monday, July 15, 2013

Gingerbread Party


No, you are not seeing things - it is a Gingerbread party in July?! Rachel decided months ago that she wanted to do a Gingerbread party for her 7th birthday, so we did our shopping and planning to hit the Christmas clearance and even though her birthday isn't until the 22nd, we were excited to have special friends join us for her party this past weekend.






We sent these invitations {free printable} and asked our guests to arrive in the jammies {Christmas jammies if possible!} and come for breakfast and gingerbread fun!

The morning started with fun Christmas shape pancakes decorated with sprinkles and whipped cream!








After breakfast, I passed out placemats, cookie cutter, metal jello tins and gingerbread playdough - the playdough was a bit sticky, not sure why as I've made it before but at any rate I think they had fun with it!


Then we decorated gingerbread houses!






And after playing and presents, we had cake! Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting at Rachel's request!




Oh, and candy cane shaped fruit was served with our breakfast!



This was one of the easiest parties I've ever done. I'm not sure if it was because I worked ahead better, simplified or that I didn't have to clean our house just to have people over since we've been working to keep up better - perhaps the combination of all three!