Monday, June 24, 2013

Backyard Campout


We continued our fun tradition of camping out in the backyard! Last year, my Dad slept outside with all the young campers so this year my Mom and I took the honors!

My Mom had a brilliant idea to bring the mattress from the hide-a-bed out for she and I to sleep on! Hooray for a good and comfy night sleep and camping out? Yes please!

Dad was the Chow Cook for dinner - no outdoor fires {for obvious reasons} right now but gas grills are allowed, so we did what we needed to do!




Watching little hands wash, rinse and dry the dishes in tubs of water outside did this Mama heart good! Huge bonus: they LOVED it and in excitement asked if they could do that every night. Um, sure!




Next up: S'more's!





A little admiring of the Colorado beauty, a couple of rounds of Uno and story time and then it's bed time!




After a good sleep, the traditional find-your-own-breakfast-hunt was on! They hunted for hot chocolate packets, cereal and juice. Now, prepare yourselves for completely adorable-ness. My Mom wanted to make pancakes and the table was out in the yard away from the needed outlet so my Dad suggested the little red wagon and Grammie's Chuckwagon. Oh.my.I.cannot.stand.the.cuteness.





Sooooo much fun!