Saturday, February 23, 2013

Another Homey Day


Hi friends, thanks for all of your comments on my spontaneous post last night. It was nice to process in that way and now I feel like I need to follow up and finish a few thoughts!

I slept until 8:20 this morning - amazing! And, wonderful! It is rainy and gray again!! And, it has been a nice lazy yet productive morning so far.

First of all, David fixed our heat for a mere $2.85! Hooray - definitely going on my list of frugal things we did this week! And, it feels so warm and lovely in here!

I've done some baking and cooking - I made pumpkin bread and pumpkin pancakes which will be a gift. Oh, and homemade syrup.



I have cleaned up all of the Valentine decor and am hoping to get a few Spring things out. And, make some new things too in the days ahead.

Meanwhile, this little pixie loved snuggling under our new quilt!


Isn't it lovely?! I am so pleased with the colors and how it turned out - and it was truly random. I let the girls arrange the order of the colors and then the strips got completely mixed up! We've enjoyed it already.

Next, I climbed under it too and got the ties finished. Emily doesn't like them, Rachel loves them. Perfectly normal = can't please everyone!






I have not been a big fan of yellow - but lately am drawn to it more and more for a lovely accent and so cheery. I want to find a used or inexpensive coffee table and paint it just like this for our living room!

Originally, I'd bought two yards of the yellow/white fabric here for a skirt but when I saw it in person realized I was not brave enough to wear a skirt made out of that! I've used it for a tablecloth since then and it has found a happy home prominently on the quilt now.





I just came across this amazing classroom via Pinterest - isn't it adorable?! And, this one too!

Several of you asked about my sewing machine - it is a Brother Innov-is 900D. Love it! I don't use it to it's full potential, but perhaps some day!

Well, I'm still in my pj's so probably better get moving! Girls are going to a b'day party and I'm going to start this bread hoping we will enjoy it for Sunday dinner tomorrow. The mere sight of such lovely bread in a cast iron dutch oven has had me wishing for one. I saw two at TJ Maxx last week for quite a reasonable price compared to the mid-$200 dollar range that I thought they were - yikes! For now, I will be thrifty and use stoneware that I already have :)

Have a great Saturday!

6 comments:

Carly said...

I love the quilt! And I was going to ask about your sewing machine, so thank you for the info. :)

Christy Stanton said...

Love It!: )

Leanne said...

thanks for the sewing machine info!

angie said...

Hard to believe that we are heading into March! Since Easter falls early this year, it makes me feel as if spring decor will show up early in my home this year. For now, VDay is still getting its moment in the spotlight at my house.

Pumpkin bread and pancakes sound like a wonderful gift.

angie said...

Hard to believe that we are heading into March! Since Easter falls early this year, it makes me feel as if spring decor will show up early in my home this year. For now, VDay is still getting its moment in the spotlight at my house.

Pumpkin bread and pancakes sound like a wonderful gift.

Rachel said...

The quilt is so fresh and lovely. Way to use what you have to create something that will be enjoyed by your whole family. You always inspire me with how you accomplish so much. Sadly, I don't do many spur of the moment projects anymore because I have several incomplete ones that were started in such times and then left, which is a bit discouraging.