I am always amazed at Crystal's weekly goal posts. And, really think I would be setting myself up for failure to attempt something so detailed and lengthy! But, I do love the idea of having goals and then seeing those goals met and the satisfaction that comes with that.
So, over Christmas - I decided to write down some goals for the coming month and thought it would be helpful to me to go back and see how I did on those goals. It's been rewarding already - here goes:
* Kitchen Organization: in talking with my Mom, I identified some problem spots and together we came up with some ideas. You can catch a glimpse of my medicine/vitamin space in my Slow Day post here.
* Use my Crock Pot at least once a week. I haven't actually kept track to know officially if I did this, but I can think of more than four things I made in the Crock Pot, so to me that qualifies!
* Exercise three times a week. Similar to the Crock Pot one, I did not actually keep track. But, I've been using My Fitness Pal and I know that I've walked average of more than three times a week. Sometimes I just walk one mile and sometimes two - but the point is I am doing it!
* Institute a mini quiet retreat each evening. Not quite as successful on this one. I had hoped to set aside even ten or fifteen minutes to just sit quietly and read or relax each evening. I have done much better at getting this time in in the evenings - but haven't gotten consistent yet.
* Make faux grain sack pillow. Done!
* Try to crochet a gingerbread hat. Um, not even sure I want this to be a goal anymore! After watching the little tutorial video - I am not sure I'm up to the task! Rachel wants a gingerbread party this summer and loves hats so it was a fun idea, but we have a lot of other fun ideas too!
* Read two books. I somehow managed to go way over this and am including movies I watched here too:
Back Home Again
Going to the Chapel
Home for the Holidays
The Spirit of the Season
Land Girls - season one
The Heart of Christmas
Homeless for the Holidays
The Christmas Pageant
Pride and Prejudice
Flicka: Country Pride
Love Comes Softly
* Stay within my grocery budget. I stayed within $5 of my grocery budget which is really good compared to how it seems to have been going the past several months. I joined Sam's Club after thinking about it for ages and have been pleased with going once a month for a big shopping and then weekly for milk, produce and any great sales. I am SO thrilled to have done so well on this.
* Get restarted with Fly Lady. Yes, I've been doing this too! Diligently assigning chores to my children has helped me in this area. Not because they are doing it all for me, but I am giving them the easier parts of what needs to be done and then that leaves less for me to do which really helps. It also is a great time for me to work on things while they are working too.
I did not completely finish all of these things, but I am so pleased with the results of setting the goals and meeting most of them or at least making progress. Now to ponder what my February goals will be! How was January for you and any goals you had?