Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pumpkin Apple Muffins


My Mom made these muffins when we were at her house this summer and they are delish! So, recently Rachel asked if we could make those yummy muffins she had at Grammie's house? She reminded me to get the pumpkin when we were at the grocery store and she wanted to help make them and to be assured that I was doing everything just like Grammie had done it! :)

These muffins are great and I love that the recipe makes two dozen - some to share or freeze plus enough for our family! Also, they make your house smell like Fall!

Pumpkin Apple Muffins

Combine:
2 1/2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1 T. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking soda

Combine and mix with dry ingredients:
2 eggs
1 c. pumpkin
1/2 c. oil
2 c. chopped apples
2/3 c. ground nuts

Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake about 30 minutes at 350.

Mmmm ..... enjoy!

10 comments:

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

Thank you! I have pumpkin from last fall in my freezer and apples that need to be eaten. I'm going to make this recipe this afternoon. Perfect timing!
Blessings,
Nancy

Simple Life said...

I will have to try these! Looks great! Thanks for sharing

Mom said...

These are my favorite muffins, and now I like them even better knowing that Rachel likes them and remembers making them together. :)
Love you! Mom

angie said...

I have never made something with the combination of pumpkin and apples, but I know we will love it! Thank you for sharing.
What was the apple dish in your pictures from yesterday's post?

Anonymous said...

I love Pumpkin muffins. I be these are awesome with Apple. Yummy.

Lynette said...

These sound wonderful and perfect for fall, I think we will have these this week. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy ♥ I am so glad autumn is here with all the apple and pumpkin goodness!

Karate Mom said...

Just made and 'tested' one of these muffins and wanted to share how versatile this recipe is. I used * 1/2 spelt & 1/2 whole wheat flour * butternut squash puree * and I also added 1 tsp of vanilla, just because it's a habit for me when baking. Great texture and flavor. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Now my house smells like Fall (instead of the fish that we had for lunch!).

Hattie said...

Heather, I baked the Pumpkin Apple muffins yesterday. I shared them with a few friends. Gotta tell you.....that recipe is a keeper! Thanks for posting.

angie said...

I did use your recipe to make some muffins. But I subbed applesauce for oil and reduced the sugar to 1.5 cups. At first, the muffins stuck to the liners (probably due to lack of oil), but after sitting for a day, they set up well and peeled away from the liner easily.