Monday, September 03, 2012

Apple Dish Cloth


 It's finally September and I've been in the mood for Fall for a few weeks already! Can't wait to pull out my Fall decorations and cozy up the house!

Meanwhile, I've been in apple mode. First, preparing to go apple picking and then enjoying such a fun outing! The next few days will be apple-related posts!

As I was planning and looking ahead to apple picking last week, I was in Michael's and saw this adorable dish cloth. They were out of free project sheets, so I looked it up online and with help of some You Tube videos when I got stuck, figured out how to make it! I've never been successful in crocheting anything circular :) so was very pleased to persevere and have a cute result!

I was so pleased that I already had the natural colors - brown and oatmeal colors. I bought the variegated green so I could use it for both peel and leaf. I also used a size I crochet hook as it was the smallest one I had - so my apple turned out larger than the pattern. I did not sew on the "seeds" since my yarn was flecked with darker spots it naturally looks more like seeds!






10 comments:

Tina Leigh said...

Oh that is just adorable!! I'm in the mood for Fall too but it is so hot & humid in South Georgia! Blah!

So where do you go to pick apples at and what kind do you pick? I've been going to North Georgia the last couple years to get ours. Last year, we went to Mercier Farms in Blue Ridge. It was wonderful!!

I have a lot of trouble trying to pick the right apples for us....tooooo many different kinds!!

Wendi said...

I love all things apple related. Super cute!

Have fun getting out the fall things. That is what I have planned for today.

Mary Ann said...

Cute! Love the red ticking behind it!

Julian said...

Here in texas,we dont really have fall. But ive lived all my childhood years in washington,minnesota,and Idaho. Fall is a lovely time of year. Your dishcloth is cute! Ill have to look it up and give it a try!
Christina

Valerie said...

So cute! Well done! I've already cozy-ed up our home. Lots of leaves, pumpkins, and candles everwhere. We may still be experiencing 90+ degrees here in the Heartland, but a girl can dream, right?! I just know God has cooler days ahead!

Blessings,
Valerie

Anonymous said...

I love this! I have been super excited for fall as well and can't wait to get decorating. I already have a floral arrangement I found at a super neat resale shop here in town called Seconds on Third (cute name huh?!)for only 3 bucks. That got me in the mood for fall and I do believe we will be cutting some of the sunflowers we grew in the garden this year. Oh my...I do think my blog post is gonna be fall related today!!
Thanks for sharing!!

Monica Wilkinson said...

It is still quite HOT here too :) Dreaming of Fall anyway!

Tina Leigh: We pick in southern North Carolina - just over the border between South and North Carolina. I love a variety of apples since I think it makes better tasting applesauce!

This year we had Macintosh, Honey Crisp, Gala, Courtland and a few Goldens.

Tina Leigh said...

Oh, you did get a variety of apples! I've not tried some of those, so thanks for the info. I usually make apple cake, apple pies and apple butter for the year.

I really enjoy your blog. Thanks!

Mom said...

Cute dish cloth! Glad you got to visit an orchard. :)
Love you lots, Mom

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

This is super adorable :) :) :) I'm going to try and crochet one for myself, too :) :) Thanks for posting the links. i've found YouTube really helpful whenever I had a question regarding crocheting, too :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)