Friday, April 06, 2012

Searching for Quiet: Creating in Quiet

I'll just admit right up front that I am so blessed ~ one of the ways is that David takes all three children to church on Wednesday night {girls go to children's choir} and I stay home. Alone. Yep, it is pretty amazingly wonderful!

Frequently I work on a craft or watch a movie ~ but last week, I was looking for quiet. I did have a project in mind - but I did not add any noise for two hours and it was amazingly quiet.


I had seen this post about sending joy-in-a-box! And, I thought of a friend who is going through chemo amidst other very hard things and I wanted to send her joy! I'm thinking of a second friend and praying about who should receive the third ...

... but when I opened the small beautiful book and saw the end of the first line ~ I caught my breath and just stared for a moment ~

{whisper}


Then, I thought - maybe I was supposed to enjoy the book first and then I would know who to gift it to. The pages are filled with beauty ~ gorgeous photos, words to remind of gratitude, a nudge to live and enjoy each moment we're gifted!


Some ways I enjoy are to create, to arrange beauty and to give. That is joy!
Our yellow climbing rose was gorgeous one morning and I had a
fun 15 minutes capturing beauty!

6 comments:

Wendi said...

I am enjoying your quiet themed post. I am a quiet person living in complete chaos most of the time. Not only with the hustle and bustle of kids, a home that looks like a tornado hit most of the and a mind seems to be on overdrive!

I am trying to find ways to create some peace and quiet.

Lisa @ Simply Things Family said...

Just reading these posts gives me joy.

Question: Where did you get your Eckert's box? Just curious. We are from St. Louis and I thought they were only located in the Metro East (IL).

LynnMarie said...

What a nice post. Creating in Quiet. I find that I love to make cards, but with limited time, it becomes hard. Then I am rushed to get a card ready for someone. I know you make cards. Can you give a quick moment to show us (me) how you make some and what you use. I can always use more ideas. Especailly if I can belss someone else.

asnipofgoodness said...

It is just like you Monica to use your alone quiet time to bless others. Capturing beauty is sure what you did with those pics! Love them all, and loving your quiet posts!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

This is so sweet...and I"m glad that you hubby is supportive of you in having some quiet time!!! Oh, "joy in a box"...LOVE THAt, too :) :) You are such a blessing to everyone, and I'm sure the people who receive your joy boxes will really like them :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

pippasmum said...

Monica, one thing for which I am grateful is your blog! I am at a stage of life with busy children and a daytimer that is filled beyond my ability to cope at times, and quiet, especially quiet that reconnects me with my God, is what I crave most.
I also really appreciate the link to Ann's post. The printables are lovely!