Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Old Faithful


There are few craft projects that I love to go back and do again. I love to try the idea once and may make one for a gift - but overall, once I've tried a project, I move on.

But, there is one thing I love to go back and make anytime. And, it has been a very long time!


Notecards out of old magazines! I know, I know - you've heard this many times. I just continue to love them. I love looking through the magazines to choose great photos and love looking at a stack of completed cards and envelopes.


During a recent movie night, I pulled this project out and had fun creating. The girls thought my little paper trimmer was about the most fun they'd had in a long time! It was fun to create all together!

8 comments:

Leanne said...

this was the 1st craft I ever tried from someone else's blog!! love it!!

Intentional Living Homestead said...

I love coming back to your blog all the time. You see, I do not have a creative bone in my body...and coming here and just looking is good enough for me.

You are blessed with creativity from the Lord. And you have a beautiful blog.

Blessings,
Connie

Catherine said...

I remember the last time you posted on these a few years ago and I was inspired - I continue to go back to them, too! Such a satisfying project - very relaxing and so easy to get lovely results.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

What a great idea :) :) I might try this myself, because I've got a stack of old magazines that will otherwise just get tossed. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

angie said...

Thank you for introducing me to this craft. It is so therapeutic to do during a movie or at the end of a busy day. My friends and family love to get the colorful envelopes in their mailboxes, too.

Cheryl said...

I too love doing this. I also remember when you posted about this a year ago or so. I whip out the stamps, the paper trimmer, cut out photos or photos I have taken and start creating. So much fun and in the end a card I love and didn't have to spend an hour picking out at the store.

Yvonne said...

Sounds like a fun idea! My daughter just took pictures of flowers around our neighborhood and is going to make cards out of them. I will be sure to show her your cute cards!

Melissa said...

I love your cards! They warm my heart when I see one in the mailbox. So creative, beautiful, and special...