Tuesday, March 27, 2012

He is Risen!


Warning: This post contains a lot of photos. Apparently, half the fun for me is creating something and the other half of the fun is photographing it! :)

This was a very spontaneous craft, I figured it out as I went along and it all started because I bought one seventy-one cent wooden embroidery hoop at a very rare trip to Hobby Lobby the other day! I was also inspired by the spring and Easter beauty over at my friend Amy's blog!

I dug into my fabric scraps and just sort of made things up as I was going - and I'm really pleased with how it all turned out! The birdhouse came from my visit to Hobby Lobby as well - loooove their half price sales! The little birdie candles came from TJ Maxx.

While stitching, I turned on an audio Bible app and listened to the last few chapters of Matthew, Which was so appropriate for what I was stitching!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Love it all!!! So cute and springy. I still have my heart garland up...trying to get that put away so I can hang my Easter garland and put out other springy stuff.

asnipofgoodness said...

I totally LOVE this project, and the way you wrapped the hoop really finishes it so beautifully! I have been listening to the bible through my phone app as well, I have really enjoyed it sooooo much, and it gets it into my girls hearts as well, as they hear it while we are crafting :)

Brenda said...

Oooh I like it! But I especially like how you wrapped the hoop! And HOW did you find one for that cheap? Was it on the clearance aisle?

Grace said...

I love it!! I love the wrapped hoop! what a great idea. I have been so unmotivated!

Debra said...

I love it! Sometimes the spontaneous crafts turn out to be the best. Looks like you have some fabulous fabric scraps. :)

I have found that there is no reason to ever buy anything full price @ Hobby Lobby! I can't believe I haven't been there since the beginning of January.

Thanks for sharing-it all looks so pretty together.

angie said...

I loved the plethora of pictures. I noticed a different detail on each one...
When I saw the straight pins through each of the little pennants, it spoke of the crucifixion to me. He had to be pierced (pin) to achieve victory (pennant: think sports team or checkered flag in racing) over sin.

Amazing how one 71c hoop inspired you to create such beauty! I have yet to visit the first Hobby Lobby that opened about a month ago in our area. I'm yearning for the slower pace of summer.

May I ask which audio Bible app you use?

Did you wrap the hoop itself with a long strip of fabric? I have a collage of hoops on my bedroom wall. Wrapping a couple in fabric would soften the look, I think.

Michele said...

Love it! The fabric-wrapped hoop was a great idea.

Monica Wilkinson said...

I had a 40% off coupon for the hoop!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I love all your photos, so if you post "extra" that's okay with me. I really like the "He is Risen" hoop craft that you made. That's so lovely!!!! I'd display that year round :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Yvonne said...

What a sweet craft project! This looks like one I would like to try very soon! In fact, I am going to 'pin' it so I don't forget about it!

Elise said...

Oh, Monica, this is my most favorite hoop art of all time!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!
Elise

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

This is such a beautiful hoop! I want to make one,!