Thursday, March 15, 2012

Can we, Mommy?

Mommy, can we do this? Mommy, can we do that? Mommy, Mommy, Mommy! I bet you all hear that as much as I do. And, I hate it when I feel like my usual answer is not right now, in a minute, later, another time, etc...

After an all-hands-on-deck clean the house day early last week, we found ourselves mid-week with a still pretty clean house and some time. LOVE it when that happens! It was so nice to be able to say yes to things.

Yes, we can plant flowers. Yes, you can dig in the dirt. Yes, you can eat cookie dough. Yes, you can help make blueberry pancakes for dinner. Yes. It is a good feeling for all involved!

To hear their little delight after I've said yes. The joyfully spreading of the news to other siblings. It warms my heart and fuels my ability to say yes.

Thank You, Lord, for yes.

7 comments:

LynnMarie said...

I bet God delights in us when we ask for something and He can say yes to us as well. Nice reminder for the day.

Stephanie in SC said...

Monica,
I have never met you in person, but you seem such a dear sweet mother. I know exactly what you are talking about, saying yes instead of no. My youngest is now 15 ( I have 2 girls and then a boy, same as you :-)and it still means a lot to him to hear yes. I know it's hard to but,..they will remember it far after the mess is cleaned up!
I wish someone had let me in on that secret 10 years ago!

Chrissy said...

Precious!

Patty Williams said...

It is hard to find the right balance - but a less than perfect house is worth seeing smiles and feeling the joy in our hearts when we can do something "fun" . Sometimes, it is the small things that matter.

Trust me, as the Mother of an almost 16yr. old girl and 13 yr. old boy -- it does seem like just last week, they were toddlers. The time has zoomed by us so fast...and continues to go faster and faster!

Melissa said...

Yes, yes, yes! Love the photos!!!

Wendi said...

Love a yes kind of day!

Mom said...

Love these photos!