Friday, March 16, 2012

A Bucket of Bubbles


Numerous times, I've tried to convince my children of the wondrous fun in a bucket of water. I can remember clearly sitting on the porch of our home in Overland Park, Kansas with my sister with a bucket of water and paintbrushes where we would paint all the bricks and porch. Oh, it was such fun!

But, I have been unsuccessful so far at passing on the delight in this to my children. Until it was their idea! Suddenly painting the car, mail box, driveway, etc... was the best idea they'd ever had and oh, the fun they had with it!

I was sufficiently pleased and thankful that a squirt of dish soap and some water could delight and please so easily and thankful that my children were outside having fun enjoying a simple pleasure.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

So fun! What a great idea. As always, great photos!

Leanne said...

oh! I'll have to let my boys do that! maybe I could convince that cleaning my windows would be fun...and their idea!! hee, hee!

Wendi said...

Fun! I will have to try that soon. I can imagine hours (well, maybe half an hour!) of fun. So glad you shared this.

Angelia said...

What a squeaky clean idea! You will have the shiniest mail box on the block! : ) I love the simple fun! We made some goop the other day and the boys played for hours. I am looking forward to your spring time fun that you are planning. Angelia in TX

asnipofgoodness said...

They look so intent :). Love your pictures. Isn't it fun to see our kiddos enjoying things we enjoyed when we were their age??

angie said...

My daughter loves to draw in the sand with sticks. She writes messages to us and writes the date for picture taking. I bet she would like painting with bubbly water, too. Did you ever let your kids have a "car wash" for their bicycles, scooters, etc?

Dawn (One Faithful Mom) said...

When my mom would wash her car, I would always climb up in the back of my dad's truck and "paint" it with a paintbrush and bucket of soapy water. I "painted' the front porch, the steps, anything I could!! I thought it was the best fun ever!!
My kids like to paint our porch too!!

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

0h yes!! Ice cubes are nice too... provides cool entertainment on those hot summer days, as well. :)

My kiddos could play for hours with a bucket of water and a few "boats". (dishes from the house)e

Mom said...

I well remember you and Carrie enjoying this simple pleasure and love seeing these photos of Emily, Rachel, and Samuel carrying on the tradition! :) Love you - Mom