Friday, February 03, 2012

Extending Grace: Our Example

As I wrote the words, "offered a prayer on my behalf" last time - it immediately reminded me of a beautiful picture in Scripture.

Jesus is at the right hand of the Father interceding for me. {See Romans 8:34}

Let that sit for a minute - He is praying for me. Wow.

If that is not an extension of grace ~ amazing.

And, He extends grace to me in so many beautiful ways. He extends the grace of salvation, eternal life. He extends the grace of the gift of life.

He allows me to see and enjoy beauty. He allows some of my dreams to come true: wife, mom, homemaker.

His provisions, His love, His peace.

And, while He was on Earth - He showed us how to extend grace.

Phil. 2:5-11, "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

5 comments:

Angelia said...

Thinking on what you shared today and reflecting on these examples. Prayerfully, Angelia in Tx

Tommie Jo said...

Beautiful post. I love it when a verse "settles in" and I take the time to chew on it/ponder it and savor it.
It's been a while since I've been able to stop by but as always, glad when I do!

Mom said...

He is praying for me -- wow indeed! Lovely thoughts on extending grace -- thank you for the grace you extend to me. :) Love you! Mom

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Beautiful post today, Monica ;) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

✿ Karyn said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and I love it! Thanks for sharing thoughts on faith - and your creativity! :)