Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Beauty


I've been missing writing about beauty lately - in my mind, some of my favorite posts ever written were the Days of Beauty month long series that I enjoyed last October.

The alive feeling I had then is what I miss, lately it feels like I am like a dry crispy leaf fallen from a tree rather than soft green moss which is alive and beautiful. I guess dry crispy leaves are beautiful in their own way too, aren't they?

There has not been a change in my pursuit of beauty, it is still a huge priority to me to seek, cultivate and even create beauty. But, the change is in my heart - how I am not feeling like I exude or feel beauty. When I have a bad hair day and get out of the habit of exercising again and just don't feel beautiful.

However, beauty is not going to cease because my heart is not feeling beautiful. Beauty cannot cease when God is still the Creator and when He is still sending beautiful moments into our days. And, I continue to write down three things a day in my One Thousand Gifts journal.

The same that is true of my heart feels true in my writing lately - dry. Missing beauty. Wanting to have something lovely and beautiful and profound to say. Yet, I cannot give up this writing even if it isn't what I wish it was because it is such a part of me.

And, so my humble offerings continue that He may use them as He sees fit or to bestow beauty as He chooses.

What is beautiful in your life right now?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your full of beauty. You have such a sweet heart. I love,love,love your blog. It is the first thing I read every morning with my coffee. I look forward to it each day. Thank you for taking the time to write it!!

Kathy said...

I also look forward to reading your blog each day. I know you have touched many lives, and your life and your blog reflect His beauty. Thank you for sharing with us.

Angelia said...

It is part of my morning routine as well, to see your faithful writing each day, every morning. I too have felt this way, a bit lately. When I get out of my excercises routine, don't eat as healthy and look into the mirror at an aging outside. Thank you for sharing your heartfelt thoughts and beauty in each day. Smiles, Angelia in Tx

Lauren(in Savannah) said...

Monica, I love your blog and your sweet and positive spirit. I started making a Blessings Journal and went to dollar tree and bought myself a colorful journal and a pack of colorful thin markers. I feel it will help me capture God;s gifts to me down on paper and I want to truly thank him everytime I write one down because I think I take a lot for granted. One thing I find beautiful was the other day I had my 6 year old in the bathroom at a restaurant and while she was standing their about to wash her hands she was galloping and couldn't stand still. I found that so beautiful and childlike. I also have three more girls ages 10,17 and 21 so I know that childlike joy won't last. I mean of course we have joy but we don't gallop from being able to keep it inside.

Melissa said...

The gift of being a wife, mother, and friend. These places are flourishing in my heart - a breathe of fresh beauty!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog. You are a breath of fresh air. I only wish I had the wisdom that you have when my children were young. thanks for sharing your family with us.

asnipofgoodness said...

so so much is beautiful on this island as it seems spring can hardly wait to burst :) but the faces of my girls are also beautiful, and my clean closet, and the bright oranges sitting on my counter....so much beauty Monica everywhere!

Hattie said...

Monica, I find beauty in the daffodils that are blooming in my yard. So beautiful! I thank God for the different varieties. They are different and all so beautiful. The miniature, perfect little bitty ones...so pretty. Miniature red tulips! Soooo much beauty.

Beauty in the love of friends/family...Beauty in "the homespun heart"..Yes! Thanking God for your kind spirit....for you being a Christian role model for so many of us right here. I love coming to your blog. Thank you.