Tuesday, December 06, 2011

His & Hers Christmas Goodies!

I recently saw this delish recipe over at My Blessed Life and knew I wanted to try it! I'm a huge peppermint fan and this instantly caught my eye! I only made half of the recipe and saved the other half of the almond bark to make something David loves. His and hers. Awww...


First, I made the peppermint bark cookies. I used 1/2 package of almond bark, 3/4 tsp. peppermint extract and less than half a package of store brand Oreo cookies. YUM! I'm not usually a huge fan of things like this {dipped} but these were perfect - especially the mint!

Then, I used the remaining almond bark to dip pretzel rods for David. I melted 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to drizzle over the tops. The melted bark and chips were enough to dip the entire bag of pretzel rods.

It was fun to be able to leave a little treat to greet David when he got home from work and the girls and I were gone to ballet!

It's fun to make a Christmas goodie here and there throughout December and then enjoy our more traditional Christmas recipes during Christmas week. Have you tried any new Christmas recipes lately?

8 comments:

Mom said...

Both these treats look yummy! :)
Love you, Mom

*carrie* said...

Yummy! I had one of those pretzels last night at a Christmas party.

I can only remember buying almond bark one time, and I made that popcorn where you drizzle the melted bark over. Decadent.

My main baking goals are sugar cookies and peanut butter blossoms. If more happens, great. But we have so many holiday gatherings this year that require certain foods/types of foods, that I'll be doing well to keep up with all of that. I'm excited, though--love the festivities!

Mary Ann said...

Yum! Those look awesome. I've had regular chocolate dipped Oreos before and for whatever reason, they were not my favorite. But peppermint ones sound amazing! We love making those pretzels each year. My husband does most of them by himself!

We want to make a few treats this year but am at a loss to know what just yet....way too many favorites!:-)

Anonymous said...

TOtally off topic, but can you share any secrets on how you all stay so slim? You make such good food and so many treats - if we eat like that then we end up gaining weight. Do you practice portion control or exercise a lot? I find if I make these kinds of things then I want to eat about 10 of them. Maybe the secret is just having one?
Thank you!

angie said...

I have never bought almond bark, but I certainly do love peppermint bark. How do you drizzle the chocolate? From a measuring cup or frosting bag? I've never done that either.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

That's so cool :) :) What a sweet, thoughtful treat ;) :) I like those pretzel dips..those look good :) Have a great week. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

~katie~ said...

Yum!!! I love peppermint too and this combo sounds scrumptious! ♥

I'm sharing an Oreo recipe tomorrow that is only one ingredient different than these cookies! My SIL introduced to these delish treats last New Years Eve. Can't wait to make them again!

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

These would be wonderful with those peppermint Oreos that are available right now !