Monday, December 19, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Tortillas


When I was so uninspired by the weekly grocery ads - I decided to just eat out of our pantry and freezer for the week. Near the end, I did not know what to make for breakfast and came up with this, which was very tasty and a huge hit with the little crowd!

Lightly butter both sides of a flour tortilla. On one side sprinkle cinnamon, brown sugar and nuts. Fold tortilla over to cover. Brown on both sides. Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze or melted and thinned icing.

I had some leftover white frosting in the fridge, so I melted that for a few seconds in the microwave and put it in a ziploc bag to drizzle and do the names on the plates!

A fun new breakfast and using what I had on hand!

11 comments:

Ginger said...

love it!

Leanne said...

that is so cute☺ I think I will have to try your chicken bake! I know the feeling about sickness and the holidays...our Matthew has had a severe asthma flare since last weekend. We will be making our 6th trip to the doctor within one week's time! thankfully, he stayed out of the hospital! all of my last minute Christmas "to do's" flew out the window! in a way, it helped me focus on what was actually important☺☺ hope you feel better,too!!!!

Katy said...

It looks so yummy and simple! Glad it was a great hit! :)

*carrie* said...

Resourceful and delicious--good idea!

Tracy N said...

Oh my goodness!! I wanted to do a fun breakfast for the kids today and this will be a winner for sure!

Mom said...

Great idea! :)
Love you, Mom

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

I"ve not seen this done before, but its a great idea!

Jennifer said...

How creative! Those look delicious :) And I love that you wrote out the names with icing...it adds such a sweet touch!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

That looks really yummy :) :) When I was little, I used to eat cinnamon butter tortillas a lot :) :) These look cute. What a great idea :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Unknown said...

Reminds me of the Lefse my grandma used to make. It's a Norwegian potato tortilla like thing and she would top it with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. So yummy!
I too have been somewhat discouraged by grocery sales. You did a great job at being creative with what you had!

angie said...

This reminded me of something similar my mom used to make us with leftover rice~ cinnamon, sugar, and milk.
I'm feeling the need to work my way through my pantry and freezer too. But I expect that it will have to wait until January as we will have company between Christmas and New Year.