Friday, April 22, 2011

Tagged

Melissa tagged me to do a fun Q&A - and I was going back through my old posts to put together my blog book, I had a lot of fun re-reading some of my tags from previous times. Lots of random info there for my children to enjoy someday!

1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family?
We currently don't have any pets. Our chocolate lab recently died and our children are working on a good behavior chart to be able to get a puppy. I'm supportive of a dog because David loves having one and for the safety factor.

2. What would you do with a billion dollars?
I've never really imagined what that much money could do. But here are a few first thoughts - I would go on a mission trip with Samaritan's Purse and help deliver shoeboxes. Adopt. Pay off our house. Build a cabin in the mountains. Volunteer at an orphanage. Travel in Europe. Re-do an old farmhouse. Establish a giving fund. Invest for our children and grand children - leave a legacy for them.

3. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Creativity and inspiration. Looking at a pretty magazine, doing a craft, cutting flowers and bringing beauty inside, quiet time alone, etc...

4. What is your bedtime routine?
Besides getting myself ready for bed, I like to read and work on my "list" for the next day. Then, I lay in bed and pray as I am falling asleep.

5. Name something that has surprised you this week about motherhood.
This week I have noticed more of the sweet moments. All the little things that make up a happy childhood and a bushel of memories. My basket is overflowing this week.

6. What kind of books do you read?
Grace Livingston Hill, Mitford, One Thousand Gifts (on my second read), The Core (CC), homeschool books (not how-to's, but text books) and Jesus Calling.

7. What’s your fear?
Fear is a big struggle for me. So, I won't burden you with an enormous list - but just say that it is something I am challenged with and am continually learning to trust God with.

8. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
NO! I can imagine a different scenario where I might be tempted - but seeing space has never held much of a draw for me.

9. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Wish I could go back to sleep. (Just being honest here!) Then, I get up and exercise.

10. What is one thing you love about your husband?
The way he continually offers more grace, love and patience than I deserve.

11. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I've always liked my name!

12. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?
RAIN!!!!! But, that comes with conditions: I would be living in a cabin or little English cottage and be able to stay home and craft, bake, have friends in for tea, watch colors pop off the gray background of the landscape, see how green everything looks in rainy weather, read and reflect. Sounds divine.

13. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
I'm with Melissa on this one: pizza.

14. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
It is an outlet for me. A way of processing and journaling and growing. A blessing.

15. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
Sweet.

16. What items are in your purse right now?
Wallet, coupons, checkbook, pen, chapstick, gift cards, Advil, crayons. I don't carry a very big purse!

17. If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains where would you go?
Mountains, mountains, mountains! Oh - how I miss you!

18.
What websites do you visit that you know you shouldn't?
I honestly can't think of anything right now - in the past I've read lots and lots of blogs. I've narrowed that down in the past few months to a much smaller amount.

You're it: Just jump in if you'd like to join!

10 comments:

LynnMarie said...

I love having animals and would love a cat as well as our dog but Hubby is very allergic to cats. :( I think dogs are a great idea and I love the mountains as well but 6 months of RAIN! No- give me the sun any day!!

*carrie* said...

You'll have to share more about the chart/puppy venture!

Doesn't talking to me help pull you out of a bad mood? =)

Well, move here. We are on like day 9 of rain, with more to come. I need SUN!

Love you!

~katie~ said...

Fun, Monica! I love your #3...yes...and...#12....coziness!! So agree with #14!! Sorry to hear about your lab! I like your idea for a new pet!

Blessings to your sweet family this weekend,
Katie

Unknown said...

So fun to get to know you a bit more through these! I did this over on my blog too!

Mom said...

I always like reading your answers to questions like this -- I wish I had a billion (or even a million!) dollars to give you to spend on all the great things you list! I'm with you on the mountains and pizza, but I agree with Carrie on preferring sun. :) Love you, Mom

angela said...

Pizza is my favorite food. David knows he bribe me to do anything with the promise of pizza.

Melissa said...

I agree with Carrie...doesn't talking to me pull you out of a bad mood!!! Ha, ha, ha!!! It's dark and rainy here today. I thought about you this morning. Wishing we could have a cup of tea and a maple oat scone together. I could handle rain with your conditions, and with your company... :)

Melissa said...

I agree with Carrie...doesn't talking to me pull you out of a bad mood??? Ha, ha, ha!!! It's dark and rainy here today, so I have been thinking about you. Wishing we could share a cup of tea and a maple oat scone in a cozy place. :)

Dawn said...

I did not know that Katie had died!!So sorry!!
You know I am with you on the rain...my favorite!!
Not the pizza though, but I could eat spaghetti every single day for the rest of my life!!

Marcy said...

I can relate to your #7 about fear. I too really struggle with that! I got the devotional book on "Trust" from Vision Forum ministires at Christmas. It has been helpful.