Thursday, April 28, 2011

Are you an angel?

I recently sat down to write to all three of our sponsor children. Oh, how precious they are and how it hits me when I sit to write them. To think of the privilege that God has given me to be part of their lives! It can be overwhelming to consider...

And, then to read the words from one of their mothers ~


"... consider you angels that God sent ..."

Oh. my. I am humbled, moved, thankful and feel unworthy of such words. Knowing that God is glorified is the best part though!

To read their genuine thanks, see the precious drawings and little hand tracings. To place my hand over the traced hand and know we have touched the same place - it truly is amazing.

How are you reaching out beyond yourself to extend the hand of God's love to others? Who knows if the recipient will praise God for the gift of your service or consider you an angel. Or, think of who you have considered an "angel" in your life. Praise God for the blessing of this outreach of ministry!

If you are able to consider it, I know you would be blessed to sponsor a child!

2 comments:

~katie~ said...

Precious and genuine. Glorifying to God indeed!! May the Lord burden many hearts with His compassion!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

this is so sweet. I LOVED seeing their drawings of theirs hands. Now you can reach out and touch those hands, even if they are on paper That's so cool!!!Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)