Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Make Your Home a Haven: Day Three

I'm enjoying all of the comments and links - reading about your days. Knowing that we are in this home creating thing together!

Today was better - mostly because of my attitude. I prayed and was more conscious of being peaceful, calm and adding to a spirit of stillness rather than chaos in our home and even when we were out.

It was a beautiful day here and we'd been invited to spend a while at a park with friends including a picnic lunch. It was so fun! But, I did terrible at taking pictures! Got a few of these two swinging! They were getting so silly and squeezing their eyes closed and giggles followed!

As far as creating a haven, I was barely able to maintain today. I did laundry, dishes, baths, meals and cleaned up the kitchen but nothing else. So many days it feels like I can keep everyone clean and fed - but the other things are a struggle.

I've made an extra effort at making dinner special this week - lighting candles, making sure the table is completely cleared of other clutter, just adding a little more love to the arrangement! David's brother stopped by for dinner tonight. And, we had David's request: Mozzarella-Beef Burgers.

Mozzarella-Beef Burgers (Kraft Food & Family Summer 2008 - I miss getting this magazine free!)

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. fresh bread crumbs
1/4 c. BBQ sauce

Mix all together and cook. Serve with lettuce, tomato and fixings!

I read Psalm 107 again this morning - praying that God would work the stillness, calm, whisper, haven in my heart and home. I think I'll read it again tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'm planning to stay home! I have so many things to do - this is the time I need to prioritize by what is coming up first and needs to be finished first.

What are your plans for tomorrow?